Elijah challenges virtually an entire nation when he calls down fire from Heaven upon a water-saturated sacrifice that gets incinerated. Seeing this, the Israelites remember God Jehovah and turn back to their roots.
Where did such faith come from? Everything was against him. I want this kind of audacious faith. Procure in prayer and Bible study a faith that:
- never cowers
- always hopes
- always loves
- never complains
- accomplishes the impossible
- whips the devil
- never wavers no matter the storm’s intensity
- does not let fear creep in
Some of my favorite faith-filling verses are:
- James 5:16 NIV Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly…
- Matt. 17:20 NIV if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
- Matt. 9:29 NIV According to your faith let it be done to you
- Matt. 21:22 NIV If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
- Heb. 11:1 NIV Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.