- Praying for finances
Money is a problem for most of us. If I had just a little bit more…
We always need just a little bit more. It seems like “just scraping by” is normal. We don’t know how we make it. Having lack of money is good because it keeps you praying.
- George Mueller prayed for his orphans to have milk and bread daily, and the miracles came daily. He prayed for the furnace to be repaired in the dead of winter.
- Hudson Taylor received miraculous money for the China Inland Mission time after time.
- Elijah was fed by a raven after 3 years of drought.
- Jesus multiplied bread and fish to feed the hungry multitude.
- To pay a temple tax, Peter caught a fish and found a gold coin in its mouth.
The list is endless, inside and outside of the Bible. We can encourage faith in our hearts by remembering what God has done.
I reversed my life. Most people do what they want when they retire after working for years. Now, after 16 years of doing what I wanted (missionary in Guatemala), I’m getting into the work scenario. Maybe that’s a good way to do it: do what you enjoy while you’re young.
And I’m praying for finances. Though I don’t have much, I have the great satisfaction that my life has counted for something. A church and a school are alive and well in Guatemala today because I answered the call to go.
Whatever your situation, don’t be depressed about finances. Keep working and praying. God will provide.